Saturday, May 09, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Ok, so today was not Mother's Day, but it sure felt like it!  Sterling is away with the boys for a slumber party, and it was just me and the boy today.  We started the day off picking strawberries at Page Farms (an entire beach bucket for just under 8 bucks!), and they were some of the best strawberries you've ever tasted!  Then we stopped by a super-cute nursery along Leesville and picked up some marigolds and veggie plants for our garden (pics tomorrow!).  Then home to plant in the INSANE humidity.. but the garden looks faboo!  And James was such a helper!
In we came to cool down and slice / freeze some strawberries and have some lunch.  A little running around, and we finally wound down the day doing crafts.  James got hold of his pirate treasure map stickers, and decided that I needed some booty for Mother's Day.  He spent about 30 mins decorating me with jewelry and gold coins (as well as shovels and 'x's.. they mark the spot), "because I love you!".  Each sticker was followed with a little pat on the back, smooth on the shoulder.  I felt like I was being wooed!  He went to bed with no arguments, having requested Mars Needs Moms for tonight's reading selection (always guarantees that I choke up!) in honor of Mother's Day!  I was about to leave after our snuggle when he sat up and looked around.  I said, "what are you looking for?", "I'm just making sure you don't leave any stickers on my bed".
Happy Mother's Day Moms!


(that's alot o' strawberries, eh?)

I failed to mention that some of the strawberries did not actually make it home, we chowed down in the car!  Some of them stayed in the car, and this becomes very relevant... about.. now.
This morning my iPhone died, and we needed to run out to have it looked it.  I assumed this would be the AT&T store where I bought it, so that's where we headed.  Unbeknownst to me, James still had 2 strawberries in his cupholder.  He started on one, and then FELL ASLEEP.  With the half-eaten strawberry in his lap, with his hand resting on top of it.  So we finally got to North Hills (where nobody else looks like they're wearing their lunch), and I go to get him and notice the berry.. and the enormous crotch splotch.  I clean him up with a wet wipe (his hand was stained red), and he starts to wake up and reaches for me to carry him.  So I do for about half the distance to the elevator, and when I put him, I realize the crotch splotch has shared the love by whelping a boob blotch.  Yes, I now have a big purply-red splotch right under the beebo, and my son is walking along beside me looking like he's had an accident and is peeing blood.  And they couldn't even fix it there!!!!  *sigh*
... again... could you see this happening to Sterling?  me neither.

No comments: