Friday, May 29, 2009

Green thumbs!

Our garden ROCKS!  We have 1 mutant bean, we've named it James, it's now about 4 feet high.  The other sweet peas and beans are growing a normal pace and starting to bud!  The squash plants have erupted in flowers, as have the cukes... the zucchini are not far behind.  We have 2 baby lemon boy tomatoes and a bunch of flowers on the two tom plants, promising more!  We also have 3 bell peppers that are each about 2 inches long!!!  We didn't even notice them growing, yet there they are!  The pumpkin has also sprouted another leaf for a total of 5... that one's going to be fun to watch as it grows!
Here are some pics that James took the other evening:





The last one, I kid you not, there are like TWENTY of these!  Apparently, while I was chatting with our neighbor, Wendy, James just took a million pictures of this stupid little resin flower that we just stuck in the ground near the garden and occasionally fill with birdseed.  I don't know why he's glommed onto this thing, but clearly it's inspired him! 

No comments: