


I'm blogging from beyond the grave.. at least that's how I feel. MY WORD! I think the boy's finally done me in this time. This morning James and I went to the Museum of Art (one of our favorite weekend jaunts) to check out some new art that they'd added to the greenway trail. James' favorite, btw, is "Trail Heads".. in the pics above, it's the thing that looks like a huge pile of sticks. It's actually branches woven around live trees to form a bent twig sculpture which looks like big heads looking over the trail. The "bodies" form tunnels, sort of like an on-the-ground treehouse.. it's VERY cool. We also saw the new "Crossroads" sculpture, which James thought looked like a rocket! We walked down (and UP) the trail and finally made it to the pedestrian bridge over I-40, which James LOVED.. we watched cars go under, and every now and again someone would honk at him. On the way back, we discovered a much shorter-cut from Trail Heads to the ped. bridge which would have saved us alot of walking.. dang. Anyhoo, we were out there for about 2 hrs. Whew!
So then we went to Bear Rock for lunch (mmmmm) and home for a nap. Shockingly, he actually napped for less than 2 hrs.. seriously, I was stunned! We then went to Pullen Park to say hi to Uncle Mark, ride the carousel, and the choo choo. Then we decided it was VERY hot, and we left to find something to do in air conditioning... that something, as always, was Target. On the way over, James went through two cups of water, for which I was thankful because he was looking a little red in the face. While pushing around Target, James said, "mama, poops".. thinking he had a dirty diaper, I picked him up to check his pants... and saw that they and the cart seat were soaked! Clearly, the rehydration effort on the way over was successful.. perhaps too much! So, we paid, we left, we changed.
The little butterbean's in bed, Mommy's finished blogging, and a wonderful day comes to a close...
No comments:
Post a Comment