Monday, January 07, 2013

Year-end Dryer Tally, 2012

Silly Mayans!  No end of the world, so I guess I'll go ahead and do this year's Dryer Tally.  The theme for 2012 was "Stuff I Forgot to Finish Eating".  This year, there was strong representation from food wrappers, and yes, even some actual food.
The end result:
  • 1 wrapper from God-knows-what
  • 1 very washed yogurt-covered raisins box, and yes, wait for it... yogurt-covered raisins - approx 9 (I dropped one after the official count, and Merle confirmed that they are still eat-worthy)
  • 1 Cheese Stick wrapper (light)
  • 1 Tootsie Roll wrapped, bisected
  • 1 Slim Jim wrapper
  • 1 Hershey's Kiss (which James has BEGGED me to let him eat all year - ew!)
  • 1 Hot Wheels sticker
  • 2 pieces of green paper from who knows what
  • 1 Ticket
  • 1 bottlecap
  • 1 button
  • 2 Legos
  • 2 pencil erasers... just the erasers
  • 2 plastic shards - shivs, maybe?  Has the playground gotten rougher and we're just not hearing about it?
  • 1 screw
  • 1 pair of yogurt-squeezing teeth (swear to God, you slip these over your squeezable yogurt tube and use it to squeeze out your yogurt)
  • Various other bits of detritus and debris - string, leaf bits, etc.
So there you have it.  Another year comes to a close.  Sorry I'm late posting, I know that GC looks forward to reading this each year!  ;-)

What will the new year bring?  Live animals?  Who knows, stay tuned!

No comments: