Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dictionary.mom

Yesterday I worked on-site, and it was a long day.  Ok, it's been a long week, but that's not completely the point.  The point is, that after I worked a long day and came home, I was greeted in the driveway by James, rushing to show me something on his iPod.  I was eventually able to walk in the door, and he wanted to show me something else.  On my way upstairs, he tried to get there first (just like the dogs) and nearly tripped me going up the stairs.  THEN, right as I dropped some stuff on the bed and took one step out into the hallway, he nearly mowed me down, running from one end of the hall to the other.  He immediately braked, turned around, and started to tell me something when I stopped him.
"James, do you know what 'decompress' means?"
"It means 'leave you alone'?"

I guess, given the right context, you can guess definitions pretty well, even if you've never heard the word before!

(I did explain what it *really* meant, that I just needed a few mins to get settled... and not break my neck on the stairs)

No comments: