Hi, and welcome to our blog! Blog, for the uninformed, is short for weB LOG. All along the left, you can find fun links, photo albums, and archived entries. The running commentary along the right is our ongoing BLOG. Semi-regular entries from Caryn to keep our far-flung friends and family current on our goings-on. Sit back, grab a beverage, and enjoy some light reading! Oh yeah, you can post comments, too! Check out the bottom of each BLOG entry.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Motherly Musings
Wow, I just can't believe sometimes what a sweet little boy we're raising. Our bedtime routine now is that he goes down a little later since he's moved to the BBB (around 8:30pm), and Mommy or Daddy lays down with him for about 5-15 mins to complete the winddown, tell a story, whatever. Just bedtime snuggles. So Mommy was with him tonight, and I normally stroke his hair and face, and rub his little shoulders to quiet him down while I either sing, or chat, or tell a story. He loves having company during this time, and when you first go in with him, he always pats the pillow beside his head and says hopefully, "night night?", hoping you'll join him! So I'm laying beside him, and he reaches out and starts rubbing my shoulder and cheek, saying, "niiice, niice", and just grinning the cutest little cheesy grin. It's amazing how much he imitates us, and when he does sweet stuff like that, I have hope that we're raising a sweet little guy who won't be afraid to demonstrate his affection for everyone he loves. Future Wife, if you ever read this, you're welcome! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment