Sunday, October 30, 2011

I AM A MARATHONER!

That's right, baby, Momma ran 26.2 miles (and walked about another 5-6 on top of that). Full race report on my running blog, if you're interested. If you just want the highlights, here they are:
  • I'd estimated completing it in about 5 hours, 30 minutes. My actual time was 5:40:07, but if you factor out the 10 MINUTES I spent waiting in line for a portapotty at mile 8, goal met!
  • No, there was no wall. In fact, after mile 20, I had this spurt of energy and ran faster the last 6 miles than the rest of the race... felt amazing!
  • Yes, I got choked up at the end, and was a little concerned that they might call over a medic if I couldn't make myself stop wheezing! I tamped it down and finished strong!
  • My medal ROCKS!
  • Yes, I now have the 26.2 sticker on my car! Brent surprised me with one (he also presented me with my 13.1 sticker back in the spring!), and I cleaned a spot off on my back window the next morning!
  • My son ran the day before in conditions that would have made me stay home. He earned his medal every bit as much as me!
Busy BUSY weekend! I thought it would be fun and relaxing, but it was mad, MAD I tell you! We actually did accomplish everything that was on the schedule, and have the fresh stress wrinkles to prove it! Pics to be posted to Shutterfly.

Also, upon seeing the Lincoln Memorial, James declared, "wow, he must have been big".

No comments: