Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I can't say I care for this...

James has recently been throwing around "I don't care about it" quite a bit. We'd been correcting it, letting him know that it was quite rude, but about a week ago I just asking him "why do you keep saying that? do you mean you don't LIKE it?" He concurred, and I pointed out that it's ok to say " I don't care *for* it / that"... that's how you say you don't like it, but it's a little nicer than flat-out saying "I don't like that". So now he throws THAT around all the time. And I have to tell you, I think I prefer "I don't like that". He has this snotty little emphasis when he says it, like "I don't CARE for it!!!" I think I prefer Daddy's approach.. just a thumbs-down and a phhhttt (yes, he taught him that.. on purpose).
The other thing he loves to do is find ways to work the words "poop" and "burp" into the conversation as often as he can. When he burps, he says, "excuse me, burpee", or "thank you, poopy". Even when there is absolutely no way you'd think he could shoehorn in one of those words, he just tacks it onto the end of a sentence. It frustrates the poopy out of us! My only consolation is that Shawn and Anna's little boy, Aiden, also does this. Aiden is honestly one of the most well-mannered, play-by-the-rules little kids I've ever met.. ever! So if Aiden does it, then I guess there's not much WE can do! burpee.

No comments: