Saturday, November 10, 2007

Rewarding the rewards

Last night it was time for the nightly Agonizing Over Dinner (ie: WTF to make?). I finally settled on a chicken sandwich for James and salad for Mommy. James insisted that he wanted a sandwich AND a poptart (his new ABSOLUTE favorite). I told him, "sandwich first, THEN poptart if you finish it". The Negotiator tried again to convince me that he needed them at the same time, but Mommy held firm. So, he picked at his sandwich, at least ate all of the filling (he likes to dissect his food.. just like Auntie E), and then announced that he was ready for his poptart. So, I gave it to him, he wolfed it down, and THEN announced that now he gets candy! "Mommy, I ate all my poptart, now I get some candy?". Seriously! I reminded him that candy was for going potty by yourself (and announcing that you need to go vs. being told), NOT as a reward for eating a freakin' POPTART (which was already the reward for finishing the sandwich)! *sigh*

No comments: