Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Aren't we proud?

Ya know, we've been having such a great go of the whole potty training thing, but then every now and again I guess you have to expect a little slip. Last night there were 2 slips. We got home from school, and James told me "Mommy, I need to go potty!". So in he went, and about 5 seconds later I heard "oh no, Mommy, I had an accident". So I poke my head in, and he's standing in a puddle about 1 ft in diameter. I asked what happened, did he just not get his pants down in time? He said no, so I told him it was ok and cleaned it up. About THIRTY MINUTES LATER... he told me again, "Mommy, I need to go potty!". I said, "great, let's go right now!" and I turned on the light, turned my back for a sec while I heard the toilet lid get opened, and then... "Mommy... I did it again". Seriously! And he was wearing pajama pants, so how hard was it to just yank 'em down!?!?
So we cleaned up again.
Not 20 mins later, I hear the bathroom door shut. I walk over and ask what he's doing, and he says, "I'm going poop". Didn't even have to ask / tell! It totally made up for the two accidents (or WERE they?). Anyhoo, I tell James to let me know when he's done, and I go back to the kitchen. A minute or two later I hear, "Mommy! Come look at THIS!". He wants me to see the volume of his production. Niiiiiice. Then when he's done, he says, "I need some air". I asked if he wanted to open the bathroom door, and he said, "no, I want to turn on the fan". THANK GOD!!! He's been anti-fan for a little while now, and when he's taking care of business, he does NOT need to be anti-fan... we need to be very pro-fan! Because... look at what he did!

No comments: