Saturday, September 22, 2007

Yet another preview of the teenage years (or, "a continuation of 3 going on 13")

Man, is little Mister Man getting sassy these days! First there was the whole "whatever" comment in the Teeter, but now we have two more instances to add:

We were picking out jammies tonight, and James grabbed a pair of his winter jammy bottoms, with which we normally pair a plain white t-shirt (the undershirt kind). He didn't want that. Put his little foot down. So I said, "fine, pick out a different pair of jammies". So he reached in, grabbed another set, and said, "fine... I guess I'll wear these" in this snotty little whatevery-kind of voice!

Then Sterling came home, and caught us in the middle of The Lorax, at which point my voice was giving out (I'd forgotten how long that book is!). I should also mention that my throat has actually started to hurt within the last hour, I think I've caught a cold. Anyhoo, Sterling tags in, ready to read, and James tells him, "no, I want Mommy". Daddy says, "James, Daddy likes books, too", to which James sasses back, "Yes, Daddy, you like books, but I still want Mommy". And Daddy tried very hard to hide his smirk!

No comments: