Wednesday, September 19, 2007

10 minutes!

I guess James is wrapping his little brain around the concept of time, to include days of the week, minutes, and today vs. tomorrow. Lately he likes to tell you when or for how long he'll do something. We were walking to the playground today, and he said "first I'm going to slide for 10 minutes, then I"m going to swing for 10 minutes". While we were at the beach, we asked him if he wanted to go potty before we went into a museum, and he said, "I'll poop on Sunday". His estimations are just so random that it's pretty funny.

Tonight Sterling was putting him to bed (mainly because he kneed mommy in the gut and daddy wisely thought it would be good to give mommy a moment). So they're hanging out in James' room, and the conversation goes like this:
J: Daddy, want to go in your room?
D: You don't want me in here?
J: No
D: That makes me sad (this is James' big catch phrase these days... he normally uses it with this pitiful little puppy dog tone in his voice!)
J: You can come back in 10 minutes
D: You'll be asleep
J: It's OK.

And that was that.

No comments: