Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Feeeeeellliiiingggs! Whoawhoawhoa Feelings...

You sure know where you stand these days with James, and he will make sure he knows where he stands, too. We're all about the feelings these days. James is constantly probing, "are you happy? are you sad? are you angry?". In addition to getting the lowdown on everyone else, he likes to inform you of your impact on HIS emotions. He often asks during the day when I take a break, "Mommy, and you finished with work?" and if I tell him no, he says, "that makes me sad". Wow.. rip out my heart and throw it on the floor whydon'tcha?

He's also started to employ The BooBoo Lip. If something has ticked him off, he shoves that bottom lip out so far I'm surprised it doesn't throw off his center of gravity. The funny thing about this, though, is if you call him out on it, it makes him giggle, and it's hard to maintain a BBL when you're smiling.

Speaking of feelings, Mommy was feeling ANGRY yesterday morning. I have not been sleeping worth a pickle these days, and the night before last was no exception. At 6am, my little sunshine bounded into the room to climb into bed with us, and proceeded to pull his normal routine of shoving, prodding, rolling, squirming, etc. I threatened him several times with expulsion from the bed, and informed my little wiggle worm that he'd better settle down or get out. FINALLY, he started to settle down a bit, I started to drift off, when Sterling (who left bed the minute James climbed in.. smart man!) walked in, pulled Lion's arm out of James' mouth and said, "no chewing!". Well, that set James off in a deluge of tears, and I was just so pissed at being woken up AGAIN that I threw my pillow across the room and stomped out of bed screaming "I GIVE UP!!!". Sterling pointed out that he was going to grab James and take him WITH him, but ya know, once you've had a siren go off in your ear, your morning is pretty much shot. What do you think my answer was when James asked me shortly after if I was happy?

No comments: