I just realized that July pretty much came and went sans blog entries. I'm sorry. James is off to college now, and we're trying to figure out what to do with his old room... oops! No, wait, my bad... I'm not THAT behind. It just feels like it.
James is sleeping soundly now, we have a whole bedtime routine, and we're all doing pretty darned well with it. He goes down between 8 and 8:30, and is first serenaded by mommy singing Harry Connick Jr's. "The Man in the Moon". He will often accompany me, and it's awfully cute/funny! Daddy pretty much refuses to sing along. We then get 1 reading of Snugglepuppy, from the fabulous Sandra Boynton (despite repeated requests for "more?"). We then turn on his Nora Jones CD, cut the lights, briefly ooooo and ahhh at the stars on his ceiling, then it's night night. Depending on his energy level, we may have 2-3 more "visits", wherein he'll stroll in the room wearing a poop-eatin' grin ("aren't I cute? how can you be mad at THIS?"), but he'll eventually settle down. We had the threaten with... the gate... for about a week or so, but we're pretty much past that now. In the morning, around 6ish, we'll hear a slight slam of a door closing (it's not enough to leave his room, he has to close the door behind him) feel a *thump* at the foot of the bed, accompanied by scurrying up to the head of the bed. If I don't immediately grab the little decorative pillow to plunk in between ours, he will sit there and sob "leetle peelow? leetle peelow??". So he gets his leetle peelow, and we all snuggle back to sleep. If he's feeling particularly raring to go, he'll hang out for about 15 mins, then say "wake up! brush teef! c'mon momma! " ... and the day begins, much to our chagrin.
No comments:
Post a Comment