I know that motherhood is chock full of unexpected moments, but there are ALOT of things I find myself saying that I would have NEVER anticipated. Here's a sample..
"No, sweetie, take the circle off of your peepee" (James decided to decorate his bits with a foam number "0" in the bathtub)
"Yes, honey, your peepee looks like Saturn, now stop pulling it" (are you sensing a trend here? I think boy mommies deal with this..uh.. area, a bit more than girl mommies)
"James, stop licking mommy. Don't lick mommy's face"
"Put down the dog food. We don't eat dog food"
"Honey, stop chewing on your shoe, that's gross"
"No, James, Saturn's not hungry" (he tried to bring "little Newkie" [a tiny stuffed kitty] and Saturn downstairs for breakfast because they were 'hoongeee")
My favorite JAMES-ism today, is this: we have a quick sit on the potty in the morning to see if he'll do anything (he doesn't), and he tries, but typically we just get a little gas. I said, "whoops, just gas!", and he stood up, looked in, and said, "where'd gas GO?" You never realize how hard it is to explain the concept of gas vs. solids until you're confronted with this.
No comments:
Post a Comment