Monday, February 27, 2006

What Not to Wear

Oatmeal...good for your heart, good for your skin, NOT good for a toddler to feed himself. Just passing along the info.

We spent yesterday morning with Keaton and Keaton's mommy, Stacy. We had a good ol' time at Triangle Town Center, the new mall in Raleigh. It was frrrreeezing outside and we needed somewhere warm to play. They have a toddler playground called Discovery Creek, which has all kinds of stuff to climb on, slide down, and run around. Needless to say, they had a blast. If you click on Woodruffs Photo Collection, the pics are in the "Feb / Mar 2006" album.
Post-workout, we planned to grab pretzel while we waited for the stores to open, but the pretzel place wasn't open yet, and we had to settle for Cinnabon. Darn.

It was right before / around this point when the mommies needed a potty break. On the way out, Keaton took the opportunity to yank his hand out of Stacy's and run into the men's room! Stacy wasn't quite sure what to do at first, so she stood in the doorway yelling "Keaton! Keaton you come back here!". After about 30 seconds, he did...crisis averted!

While shopping in PBK, James decided it was time for his morning consitutional. So, right after our purchase, we headed BACK to the ladie's room for a change. Well, someone was feeling squirmy, which was icing on the already not-so-fragrant cake (James is on antibiotics at the moment... peeeyew!). After cleaning up the eye-burner of a diaper and setting him down, I figured since I'd just used the last wipe, and forgotten a diaper-disposing bag, I'd stuff the diaper into the wipe bag to throw it away. It was while I was trying to do this that I heard a splish splash, and glanced over to see my son up to his armpits in the MALL TOILET. This resulted in a very loud "OH JAMES.. NO!!!" at which point I inadvertantly shoved my thumb straight into the disgusting diaper right up to my knuckle. The next comment was something like "OH COME ON!! JAMES STOP IT!". Stacy helped corral the youngsters while I scrubbed my hand and disposed of the diaper, much to the amusement of the other two ladies that were also in the bathroom at the time (who I'm sure went home and made damn sure they were current on their birth control!). We got James cleaned up, and headed back down the mall. Both mommies were VERY ready for a nap after THIS playdate.

Oh yeah, and if you were wondering about the title, "what not to wear".. the answers are:
  • oatmeal
  • mall toilet water
  • poop (on your thumb)

No comments: