Saturday, February 18, 2006

Happy Birthday, Keaton (and a shout-out to Auntie E)


Today we went to Keaton's 2nd birthday party, and my hat is off to expectant mommy Stacy Kley, who threw a fabulous bash (yes, Ben, you did a good job grilling, and I'm sure Stacy gave you some todos in prep for the party, too!). All of the kids had a wonderful time, and it's hard to believe how big they're getting, so quickly!
Our shout-out to Auntie E is in reference to our first opportunity to wear James' little-man-sweater that she bought him for Christmas. He looked quite dashing and got several compliments!
Lastly, just an interesting little tidbit that James, you might find cool (or incredibly boring by then) when you get older.. here's something from today's headlines:
"Along with these services, space tourism businesses hope to send customers into suborbital space at a cost of $25,000 to $250,000 a person, far less than the $20 million businessman Gregory Olsen paid Russia last fall for a ride to the International Space Station. Richard Branson's company, Virgin Galactic, already has 100 people who have paid $200,000 apiece for flights, which the company has said it hopes to begin in 2008."
By the time you're a grown man, this might be old hat.. the way computers are now. I'm sure if someone told me when I was growing up that everyone would have a computer by the time I was an adult, I'd have gone "wow!". Just like now, I see this and think, "wow.. spaceflight for the common man". 20 yrs from now, people will just say "well, DUH! it's just like a computer.. everybody has one!". Interesting times we live in.

No comments: