Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Ode to Moose

Moose Woodruff
May 23, 1994 - Jan 25, 2006

From the mouths of babes.. to quote James, "Oh, Moose.". Twelve years should be enough time to have with a rockin' dog like Moosey, but it wasn't. We feel gyped. An unfortunate snack choice led to the demise of someone we held very dear, and that just sucks. Moose held on for about a week after inexplicably eating CARPET (WTF?!?!), and had a good prognosis yesterday, but apparently slipped off this morning to that big Dog Park in the sky.. let's hope it rains Iams biscuits and there are lots of rabbits and squirrels to chase. A big thanks to Dr.s Gordon and Wages at the Oberlin Road Animal Hospital, where Moose and Becky have been patients for years.. they did wonderful work, but I guess our tough little guy was just too tired.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Chronicles of Moose, he was actually a gift for me from Sterling before I moved down here. He was the cutest puppy, and was quirky from day 1. He lived with Sterling and Scott for a year until I moved down, and by then, the Boys Club was unwilling to break up, so I got Becky and Moose stayed on with the men. He was Sterling's first dog. He tippy-toed through or jumped over puddles, he didn't like to get his feet dirty. He had to be touching something when he laid down.. either a pillow, a person, or whatever furniture he wasn't supposed to be on. He'd do anything for a biscuit, or love. He liked to sit in front of you while you were watching TV and stare at you until it creeped you out! He was the most patient, loving dog, and from the moment we brought James home, he was by his side. James loved him, and learned the word "Moose" very early. Most of all, he was our dog, and we loved him, and we already miss him. Alot.

4 comments:

Caryn said...

I think we'll shed a tear for every hair he shed in our house.. and that's alot! I'd give his hair's worth in gold for him to be around long enough to shed s'more!

Anonymous said...

I sure am going to miss you. You were so good to me, Caryn and James...even Rebecca and Newkie. You'd let anyone do anything to you and all you'd ask was a pet in return. There will be no other dog like you, not one that can replace you. You were truley man's (and everyone's) best friend, you will be missed by all. I will treasure our time together for eternity.
Your dad.

Anonymous said...

Miss you buddy! Say hi to CC and Reba for me!

Anonymous said...

I will always remember the greetings you would always give Grammy and I. You couldn't wait for your treat. We will miss you. Take care of CC and Reba for us.