For someone who loves to *play* sports, my child is NOT the most sports-savvy. I'm not sure he could even tell you how many quarters are in a football game (even though the word "quarter" kinda gives it away!) if a hot fudge sundae was on the line!
So it was no surprise to me, when we popped over to the driving range today, that James gushed, "wow, I can't wait to make some goals!". It was even funnier when he asked me, "where do we get our golf sticks?". But then, like always, he pulled one out of thin air while selecting his "stick" and said, "oh, there's a driver.". What the what?
Of course I had to ask how the heck he knew what a driver was. "The Wiii.". Natch.
Oh yes, and also.. now he is 9. 1 year away from double digits. I feel like he picked up that extra year overnight. He even told me that he'll still call me "mommy" around the house, but in front of his friends, I am now "mom".
No comments:
Post a Comment