Saturday, May 05, 2012

Lessons learned the hard way

When Spring rolls around, and the pollen count has dropped considerably, we like to hang out on the back deck, and sometimes we'll open the doors.  That means flies.  A few years ago, we were given a bug zapper that basically looks like a tennis racquet, but with button on the handle that lets you charge it up and zap bugs.  Pretty effectively.
James found out recently that it's also pretty good at zapping children.  It was hanging off the towel bar in our bathroom, and Lord knows why, James likes to hang around right outside of the bathroom door when I am in there.  Ok, I actually know why, it's because he is smitten with Blue, who follows me around closer than my shadow.  So Blue sits outside the door, and James is right there fawning all over him and basically driving him (and me) bananas.
So, I'm sitting in the only room where I *should* be able find peace, when I hear *zap* "OUCH!".  This was followed by, "I learned my lesson... wow, I didn't know that would ZAP me".  I said, "James, it's CALLED a bug ZAPper.. what did you think it did?".  So smart, and yet....

No comments: