Monday, August 30, 2010

Just... ew

I was upstairs yesterday when I heard James rummaging around downstairs. Monkey that he is, when he needs something from the upper cabinets, he just scrambles up on the counter to get them. So I heard cabinets bumping, and the fridge opening, and I thought to myself, "self, you need to get down there and find out what your boy is up to!"
Much to my chagrin, he informed me that he was about to make Chocolate Milk Orange Juice. Sure enough, on the counter was a glass, a crazy straw, a spoon, the Hershey's syrup, Milk, and... Orange Juice.
I quickly informed him that he could have Orange Juice OR Chocolate Milk, but not together. He negotiated for just chocolate orange juice, which... still... EW!!! WTF?!?!
Eventually we settled on chocolate milk, but he reminded me, "Mommy, you know I like weird things".

(yes, he does like weird things... his favorite sandwich is mayo, bananas, and honey. Before you ask how we even came up with that little gem, it's a hybrid of PB/Mayo/Bananas* and PB/Honey/Bananas.)

(* and yes, I think both of THOSE are gross, too, but Sterling does not)

No comments: