Monday was awesome, he had a great day and loved the fact that they did "bones and arrows".
Tuesday we were late (new mattress arrived Monday.. felt soooo gooood), but good day!
Wednesday also pretty good, he made a birdhouse, and lost his camp necklace AND waterbottle!
Thursday we got The Call, informing us that James had hit two kids and needed to go home early. awesome.
Friday seemed like it was going to be another good day, but apparently he got bitten by a bug and was VERY distraught. I called and spoke to him, and when I asked what would make him feel better, there was about a nanosecond hesitation, followed by "ice cream!". Promises of post-camp ice cream, and a kiss while he held the phone up to the booboo made it better, along with the reminder that they still had to do their egg drops today, and he didn't want to miss out. And on we go!
So cool stuff about camp this week:
Their theme is Explore Science, and they did the Diet Coke and Mentos thing!
Bones and Arrows!
Swimming EVERY day!
Some crazy song about swallowing a worm in your soda
Another funny song that involves making up your own dance moves (lots of songs)
Birdhouse!
Today they are doing an egg drop, so we sent him with a box, masking tape, and bubble wrap!
Tuesday, one of the counselors called, just to tell us what a great time James was having, and that they loved having him! Today, Nick came up when I dropped James off and introduced himself, and told me how much he loved having James in the huddle, that he was always smiling! These counselors are INSANELY nice, polite, and just great all around!
2 comments:
Summer Camp is the best teaching experience I have ever had. No grades, just learning for fun and interest. I'm getting to work on a video project with students this week at a summer camp. Soooooo much fun!
I wish I could go to summer camp...
Post a Comment