Monday, January 04, 2010

Monkey see, monkey do...

They really do pick up on EVERYTHING you say, and you really are not as quiet as you think you are.
James was playing the Wii yesterday when I could have sworn I heard "damnit". Naturally, I snatched the remote away and paused it while I interrogated him! "WHAT did you just say??". "Oh my gosh?". "No, James, that was NOT what you said.. did you say... 'damnit'?". Head nod. "And where did you hear THAT?" (now mind you, we went over to Scott and Maria's last night, and I just knew he was going to say "Maria").... he looked at me kinda hesitant and a little amused, and pointed that little finger square at ME!!! Crap!
So I apologized for using it, and we made a deal that neither of us would use it again (which I promptly broke while he was at school today).
The funniest part is that I went into the office right after that to tell Sterling, and I asked if he heard it. He said, "Oh, yeah, and I KNOW you were just waiting for him to say he heard if from Daddy, and I was just WAITING on you to come in here and light me up over it! Can't really say anything now, can you?". Bless his heart, he doesn't get to rub my face in it often, so he had this one coming.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

This post cracks me up!!!

Caryn said...

I KNOW!!! It's Daddy's job to corrupt, not Mommy!