Wednesday, October 21, 2009

... and down we go!

So I don't know if we actually have the H1N1 dealio or what, but MAN are we some unhealthy folks! I don't know if we've always had puny immune systems and they just weren't put to the test, but DAMN! So a week from last Friday, I came down with a crummy head cold that *seemed* to come and go in about 2 days... with lingering sniffles. Sterling got it a few days later, and James has been kinda off and on with no real confirmed "on" throughout all that. Well, we thought we were all getting better, when Monday night, James started to complain about feeling bad (in between wanting to go on "one more roller coaster" at the fair).
So, we kept him home yesterday, and as we all remember doing ourselves at that age, by afternoon he wanted to go play, run around, etc. This was accompanied by massive boogies, so we knew better.
Well, it came to a head last night. He woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and I guess his throat hurt, so he reached for something to drink. Unfortunately, what he reached for (stop here if you have a weak stomach) was a container of MILK that he'd left in his room God knows how many days ago. So up that came! UGH!!! What sucks more than throw-up in the middle of the night?!?! We put 2+2 together and realized that the crappy milk was what made him sick (thank goodness for small favors), but he did have a fever, poor little bug. So he's home today, on a steady regimen of Noggin, fluids, and toast.
I don't know if it's the swine flu, just the flu, or this year's crappy cold virus, but man could we use a break!
Auntie E, I know you're sick, too.. hope ya feel better! Hope we all do!

No comments: