Friday, April 11, 2008

Everyone's a critic

Whew! I'm back home after a LOOOONG few days of travel (more on that later). Happy to see my men, especially the little one who's been breaking my heart with his little "I miss you"s over the last 2 days! Of course he wanted mommy to lay down with him at bedtime, and the stall tactics were even worse than normal, since he's been in withdrawal. He asked for a story, and I finally said,"ok, I'll sing you a song, but that's it". He requested "Girl", which is hard enough to sing along with when it's playing, let alone a capella! So, I warbled my way through as much of the lyrics as I could recall, dum-dah-dumming the rest. Sterling walked in, looked at James and asked in disbelief, "you ASKED for that!??!". We all cracked up, and when I could catch a breath, I asked James, "was that bad?", to which he replied, "no, GOOD!". Love is not only blind, it's apparently deaf, too.

No comments: