Tuesday, April 24, 2007

And so it begins....

I wondered how long we'd get away with not dealing with the "whys". They've begun. Not so much in a "why is the sky blue?" kind of way, but in a "James, stop doing that", ".. but Why?" kind of way (vs. "pleeeease?!"). The funny thing is, he actually prefaces with "but".. "but, why?".

He's also started to ask, at random intervals, and typically when you're in plain sight, "what are you doing?". As we drove to grab some dinner last night, Sterling and I were each asked about 3 or 4 times each, "Mommy / Daddy, what are you doing?" from the boy in the back seat... who could see us both... as we sat in the same seats in the same care all the way to Jersey Mike's. My new weapon is "what do you think....". James: Mommy, what are you doing? Mommy: James, what do you think Mommy's doing? James: You reading a book. Mommy: That's right, very good! If he's going to ask obvious questions, he's going to work for a response as hard as I am!

No comments: