Friday, June 09, 2006

Grossest moment EVAH!!!

Oh mah God, ya'll! (hehe.. does it sound like I've been here too long? tee hee!) Ok, Jamye and I have played whose kids do grosser stuff before, and I'm pretty sure that vomit and poop were prominent factors in that conversation, but ya know what? This one just beats everything!
Poor little man is not well. He woke up this morning kinda ok, but I thought nothing of it because he's been waking up ALOT for the past month (2-yr molars.. and holy crap... we are sooooo tired!) so I just figured he hadn't slept well. We go downstairs and start our daily routine when BLEEAAAACCCKKKK! Right on the kitchen floor. So, we mop that up, plunk the little bugger down on the sofa to watch cartoons while mommy gets to work. It wasn't but a few hours later when he introduced our sofa to his stomach contents, and mommy's day just got better!
Well, daddy was home and up early today, so we tagged teamed late morning so that I could work. James seemed to have a pretty good day, ate a little, and we thought he was on the mend.

Until we got to the grocery store.

It's our fault, we pushed it. We popped over to Tarjay for more baby motrin and tylenol, and thought, "he'd doing ok, let's pop over to the grocery store to grab something for dinner.. in and out!". Well, that should have been a reference to what James ate....mostly out. Onto mommy. Onto ALOT of mommy! So, we bolted from the store after the first wave, and he hit me with a second on the way out. Good Lord. My entire front was soaked to the skin. Poor little James was crying because he feels rotten and his fever was starting back up again so he was shivering (even though it's like 80 or 90 degrees outside). So, I pop open the back of the Jeep (which btw, has served me SOOO well since having a child. Seriously, it's the world's biggest more portable changing table, ahluvitluvitluvit!). At this point, I realize that if I want to keep down my own innards, I have to strip.. so I do. I grab the poncho I keep in the back (yes, I'm a big Girl Scout), drop it over my head, and pull off my shirt. I then strip poor James down and wrap him up in my trunk blanket. So there we stand, in the back of the Jeep in the grocery store parking long. Mommy in a poncho (in 90 degree sunny weather), and James naked in a blanket... don't WE look like a pair? After what seemed an eternity (probably about 3 mins) Sterling comes out and lets me know that, bless his little heart, he had to mop up after we skedaddled. So, puke all around! It's a family affair!
We doped up the little munchkin with drugs, and he is just as right as rain. Right before bed he WOLFED down some dinner and was running around like his usual nutty self. Updates as available, for now, send healthy vibes our way!

No comments: