
You may recall from last year's halloween pics that we'd purchased a lion costume for James. It was selected in honor of Daddy's favorite beer, Carolina Brewing Company, whose mascot is a lion. Well, last year's search for a costume yielded only a 2T-sized one, so we just figured he'd be one again this year. Nothing doing! We'd attempted a test run several weeks ago, during which he pretty flipped the %*&(# out . Sooo, I opted not to try again until Halloween, hoping he'd have blocked out this bad memory. Well, I guess toddler's memories are better than we give them credit for. He mostly pretty much hated the hood. Apparently, having fuzzy crap around your face and your head ensconced in the same thing is not fun. And Daddy was working. And Mommy got stuck on a conference call until just before T.or.T started and was already flustered. Sooo... SuperResourcefulMommy went with Backup Plan B. I grabbed a long-sleeved shirt that happened to have a number on the front (thanks Grams!), TRIED to put on some sneakers (decided it wasn't worth it), and plopped him on the bathroom counter to throw some eyeline under his eyes to try to make him look like a football player. I guess that did the trick.. everyone knew what he was supposed to be, and he was comfy!
The Trick or Treating experience itself still hasn't really hit home with James. I tried to set down the candy on our front step while he and I went around to a few houses, and he just wanted to go back to get it! So, threw some in his pumpkin and tried to get him to carry it, but he just put it down and started rummaging through it! Next, I tried to carry it myself and walk with him, but he just wanted to go back home to get the candy. SO, Mommy ended up CARRYING him to the front walks just to get away from our house, walked up to the front door, and got him to knock. Then I handed him his pumpkin , but by the time the door was open, he was heads down in the pumpkin again rummaging for candy. He did say "trick or treat", though "dee dah dee". We hit about 5 houses, and then went back to hand our "cahneee". Here's the little sugarmonger dipping into the stash. A note to anyone who reads this: I expect hearty kudos for my quick costume-change.. give props where they're due! (.. and don't get me started on the contributions to his good looks.. that just goes without saying!)
No comments:
Post a Comment