Sunday, July 24, 2005

My son, the puppy

It seems our child's been getting a little too friendly with the animals... in particular, those of the canine persuasion. We looked the other way when he'd help himself to a few kibbles here and there. When we realized that he wasn't doing it just for attention, that he seems to *like* it, we denied the truth. When he'd come in from walking the dogs and try to eat their treats rather than handing them to the dogs, we told ourselves, "he's just being silly". Well, now we must face the truth. I've whelped a puppy.
In the last week I have found James on all fours trying to drink the dog's water out of their bowl. He's also recently taken to trying to eat his food off of his highchair by leaning over and just eating it, hands-free.. as if he were a dog. I can't help but notice the coincidental timing of his recently-erupted CANINES (yeah yeah.. *eyeteeth*.. whatever). Gracious, what's a mom to do?

No comments: